Yes, the #UberCHOPPERBALI is real! After getting some buzz and some PR with a helicopter ride service in Dubai, in New Dehli or at the Cannes Festival, ride sharing company Uber launches Uber Chopper Bali on February 19.
Really? A helicopter pick me up in Seminyak and take me to Ubud? And it’s free? Well, remember, this is all about marketing. Yes, it’s free, but it is more life a free 15-minute ride over South Bali. Still, who’s complaining?
Here’s what you need to know: Once you select the UberCHOPPER option in the Uber app, an UberX car will come and pick you up (if you live near Kuta, Seminyak, Legian, Sanur and South Denpasar). Then, you are taken to the helipad at Benoa Airport. And the one and only Air Bali will take on a free 15-minute helicopter ride.
If you read this Bali travel blog, you may already have seen the Air Bali helicopter company listed in articles such as Bali wedding proposal: Ride a helicopter and 15 luxury travel experiences in Bali. Air Bali is actually the only such company in the island?
How to request #UberCHOPPERBALI
- Open your app between 12:00-14:00 WITA on February 19, 2016
- Enter the promo code UBERCHOPPERBALI under the promotions section in the app.
- Select UberCHOPPER in the Uber app (iPhone/Android).
- Set the pickup location within below area
- Press the request button at the bottom of the screen and cross your fingers.
- If connected, an uberX will take you to-and-from Benoa Heliport Complex.
- Enjoy your 15 minutes joy ride!
Terms & Conditions
- Demand will be sky high (no pun intended) and availability will be limited. If you can’t get #UberCHOPPERBALI right away, keep trying.
- Do NOT forget to carry an ID
- All fliers must be 18 years or older
- If the weather doesn’t permit, #UberCHOPPERBALI will be rescheduled to another date.
- Uber is not a direct air or transport carrier. All air services advertised will be provided by Air Bali.